Cross with flared ends in the shape of lilies. The original is an ornamental detail on a gold-plated ecclesiastical casket dating to 1827 which was donated by Silvestros, the metropolitan of Chaldia, to the church of St George at Argyroupolis in the Pontos. The casket is one of the heirlooms of the Greek communities of Asia Minor and was brought to Greece after the Treaty of Lausanne, following the Asia Minor Catastrophe of 1922.
Dimensions: 2,5 x 2,5 cm.
Post-Byzantine & Neo-Hellenic art
Διαστάσεις: 2,5 x 2,5 εκ.